Definition of calligram: a design in which the letters of a word (such as a name) are rearranged so as to form a decorative pattern or figure (as for a seal) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/calligram
Guillaume Apollinaire (1880-1918)
1) Write a [300-500 word |1 full page] letter to your future selves 20 years from now
2) Post it on your blogs!
3) Choose an 8.5×11″ letter format document in portrait or landscape mode (whichever suits the original image better)
4) Inspired by your own research on the calligram, calligraphy and typography, create a Self Portrait Calligram, using the words and sentences of your personal letter
5) Use the pen tool to trace the different text areas of your face and hair in Illustrator.
4) Choose very carefully the fonts and colors you will use, and convert the type to outlines (Mac: COMMAND+SHIFT+O / PC: CONTROL+SHIFT+O)
5) File>Export>Save for Web the finished image as a PNG 24 No Transparency with a MINIMUM width or height of 1500px
You will use extensively the following type and envelope distort tools in Illustrator: